Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Let's get started!

Why Turkey Pie?
Turkey Pie is a term of endearment I use for my children. A combo of "what a sweetie pie!" and "you little turkeys!" if you will. As the summer draws near, I am getting more and more nervous about the absence of our regular school/mom's day out weekly routine. All the more so this summer, since there is no Mom's Day Out summer session. And we have recently moved (Air Force family) so we are limited friend-wise so far. I'm gonna have to kick up the creativity a notch and I figured, if I blogged about it I'd have more motivation for success. So there we have it... how Turkey Pie was born.

About Mama Turkey
My name is Jill. I'm 35. I have a journalism degree. I worked in full-time children's ministry for 5 years plus a few summers and found that it was my true calling. But then I married a fly boy and started an adventure that includes moving every 3 years or so. We have 2 little girls, ages 3 and 5. They are 40 percent sweet and 60 percent sassy. The original Turkey Pies.

I thought motherhood would come easier to me, as I've always loved kids and they tend to like me. Apparently I can make them pretty easy, but the raising them part sometimes throws me over the edge. I get by with a little help from my friends. And my family. And God.

So let's see if we can keep these kids healthy, happy and entertained... and the mommies and daddies sane in the process. Shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment